June 10, 2019
Dear Parents of Fifth Grade Students,
In our last week of school we have a lot going on and this will serve as a reminder of what is needed.
- REMINDER: All snack charges, library books or fines MUST be paid by 6/11/19
- Locker Clean out- June 10-12. All items in lockers and desks must be cleaned out and sent home. Students might want to bring home a large trash bag if they have a lot of things.
- Pool Party- students are going to Levagood Park on Wednesday June 12th. Students need to bring: bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, a bag to put the wet suit in, sports equipment such as a tennis racquets, soccer ball, basketball, etc. , their own drink in plastic bottles (NO GLASS) labeled with their name. The main food is provided by the PTA. Many of you have signed up to donate snack – please remember to send that as well. In case of inclement weather, we will picnic here at school in the hall and find another special thing to do.
- Field Day- Tuesday June 11th 9:00-11:35am
- Honors/Promotion Ceremony – This will be held at 9:30 am on Friday, June 14th. Students should dress up nicely. Please remember NO strapless or spaghetti strap dresses for the young ladies and NO jeans or tank tops for anyone. If the students wear shorts, please be sure they are dress shorts. Parent and guests will be able to park on the south playground (off Myrtle) if the streets are full. Cameras and tissues are probably a nice addition for parents. We are very proud of our students and their achievements and are happy to share that with all of you. Refreshments will be served in the cafeteria after the ceremony. Once they are finished, students may go home with you right away instead of waiting to the end of the day.
Mrs. Tiba Mrs. Bush Mrs. Hickson Mrs. Currie