Young 5’s Suggested School Supplies
The following are suggested school supplies:
• 1 Box of Crayola Markers (Bold Colors)
• 1 Box of Crayola Crayons (8 pack)
• 2-4 Glue Sticks
• 1-3 Dry Erase Markers (Expo brand works best!)
• 1 Box of Tissue
• 1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
• 1 1” White 3-Ring Binder with a clear front “slip-in” pocket
These school supplies are much appreciated – thank you in advance!
Kindergarten Suggested Supply List:
2 boxes of tissue
10 Glue sticks
4 Black fine point dry erase markers
1 pack pencils- sharpened at home
1 box gallon size zip top bags (last name a-g) or
1 box quart size zip top bags (last name h-m) or
1 box sandwich size zip top bags (last name n-z)
1 box 24 crayons
1 6×9 steno pad notebook
1 1in white binder with a clear front pocket on cover
Other materials you may have around the house to donate:
Washable 8 pack Crayola markers- thin or thick
2 sided sticky back Velcro
note pads (not sticky)
large bottle of hand sanitizer
extra snack-large goldfish/pretzels
Please do not send in additional binders/folders. The children will be provided with one to start the year. The children will not be using pencil boxes, all our materials are to share in the middle of the table.
First Grade Suggested Supply List:
• 3- #2 Ticonderoga pencils sharpened (no designs on the pencils please. They don’t sharpen well ) *They’re at Target and Meijers.
• 1 box of 16 count crayons
• 1 pkg. of dry erase markers (EXPO only!)
• 2 glue sticks (keep extras at home)
• 1 pair of Fiskar scissors
• 1 box of 8ct. markers (optional)
• 1” 3-ring white binder with a clear- view pocket on the front
• 1 pkg. of 5ct. tab dividers. (I will let you know on the first day of school how the tabs will be labeled
• 1-School supply box (name on it please and size 6×12)
• 1 -3 hole punched folder with two pockets (any design on it is fine) Please label the left pocket “Bring back to School” and the right pocket “Keep at Home”. Insert the folder into the binder in the front.
• 1 box of Kleenex
• * Wide ruled spiral notebook of your color choice.
• * ½” White 3-ring binder
• Boys- bring in 1 box of Ziploc sandwich-sized bags
• Girls-bring in one box of Gallon-sized Ziploc bags
*Please have supplies labeled and brought to school on or before Monday, Sept. 8.
First Grade Teachers
2nd Grade Suggested Supply List:
Over the summer students get excited about returning to school and want to begin school supply shopping. To keep students organized we have a desk map that students must follow. Anything not on the desk map will not be allowed in their desks, we wouldn’t want you to purchase things and not be able to use them.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN
Trapper keepers, pencil cases, spiral notebooks, or extra folders due to limited space in their desks.
– 1 three ringed white 1 inch hard binder (please make sure it has the clear front cover that you can slide a paper in, and that there are pockets inside)
– 1 pack of #2 Pencils (Dixon Ticoneroga preferred)
– 1 pack of 3 to 4 black dry erase markers
– a small cloth or piece of felt to wipe off dry erase boards (a clean sock will work too)
– 1 large box of crayons with a variety of colors
– 1 large box of markers (no larger than a 10 pack) OR a pack of colored pencils
– 2 composition notebooks (100 sheets, 9 3/4 X 7 1/2 inches, that have lined paper inside and color doesn’t matter)
– 1 pack of 3 or more glue sticks (Elmer’s preferred)
– 1 highlighter any color
-a box of tissue
If anything else is needed a note will follow after the year begins or please check your child’s 2nd grade teacher’s Blog Site for any additional suggestions.
Thank you and remember to have a safe and fun summer and keep reading!!!
2nd Grade Teachers
Lindbergh Suggested 3rd Grade Supply List
Students will not be using Trapper Keepers in the fall. The school will initially provide pocket folders, pencils, pens, highlighters, lined paper, glue sticks, and dry erase markers to all third graders. If you would like to purchase supplies these would be welcomed. Other than the box of tissue you child will be storing their own supplies.
• a wide ruled spiral notebook
• extra pencils #2 and pens (blue, black, and red)
• a low odor, dry erase marker
• a soft cloth or a piece of felt to wipe dry erase boards
• a clear 12 inch plastic ruler
• a box of tissue
• 1 inch soft cover 3 ring binder (2 for Mrs. Hickson)
• 1 inch white clear front view panel 3 ring binder
• Glue stick
• Markers no larger than a 10 pack (not needed for Miss Polidori)
• Crayons no larger than a 24 pack (not needed for Miss Polidori)
• Color pencils (not needed for Miss Polidori)
• Take home folder
• Pencil box for extra supplies that will be stored in their locker
• A picture from somewhere in Michigan
• If your last name begins with these initials please donate box of inexpensive; snack bags A-H, sandwich bags I-R, gallon bags S-Z
We can’t emphasize enough the importance of reviewing addition and subtraction of whole numbers up to three digits this summer.
Students entering third grade should know their multiplication facts up to five.
Another critical component in preparing for school this fall is reading and writing. Set a goal with your child of them reading and writing (daily) several hours per week.
Fourth Grade Supply List
Black, blue, and red pens
No. 2 pencils
Boxes of tissue
Several glue sticks
Folder to be used as a Homework Folder
Several two-pocket folders
Several wide-ruled spiral notebooks
Hand held pencil sharpener
One 1” white binder with clear front cover pocket
Two 1” soft side binders with tab dividers
One 1” white binder with clear front cover pocket
Two ½ -1” white binders with clear front cover pocket with tab dividers
4th Grade Teachers
Fifth Grade Suggested Supply List:
Black, Blue and Red Pens
No. 2 pencils
Markers (no larger then 10 pack)
Box of Crayons (no larger then 24 pack)
Pencil Case or Box to keep extra supplies in locker
Box of Kleenex
Glue Sticks (6)
Dry erase markers (low odor)
1-1” 3 ring binder (soft side binder)
1-1”white binder (hard cover) with clear plastic cover to add a cover page
1 package of 5 dividers with colored index tabs
A folder that will be used as a take home/homework folder
3–5 pictures of each child throughout their life to display in the classroom.
If any additional supplies are needed, we will send home a note at the beginning of the school year.
We hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer!
5th Grade Teachers