For more information about “Dearborn’s Got Talent” call 827-3109
Remember, February Break starts on Monday. There will be no school the week of Feb. 17- Feb. 21. Enjoy the time off and don’t forget to read everyday. See you back in class on February 24, 2014!
Proposed Legislation Will Have Devastating Effects – Take Action Today!
Dear community member,
– 26 consecutive years of increased enrollment
– Graduation rate up 6%
– Five schools in Dearborn recognized by the state as “Beating the Odds”
– Continuous improvement on local and state tests
– A five year program allowing students to graduate with both a high school diploma and a two year college degree at no cost to parents
– Students earning millions of dollars in scholarships each year
– Districtwide Response to Bullying and Positive Behavior programs ensure a safe learning environment
– Choices for students include magnet programs, Early College program, STEM program, AP courses, and dual enrollment
Download : Support Material.pdf
Does this sound like a school district that needs to be overhauled, reformed, and taken-over by a state controlled board? I don’t think so, but obviously some legislators in Lansing do.
Dearborn Public Schools is committed to addressing Bullying Behavior. As part of our district-wide policy, we survey our parents annually. If you are a parent, please take a few minutes to complete this survey.
The Dearborn Public Schools is excited to announce that they will be starting a “Chain Reaction” against bullying behavior at their second annual Response to Bullying Kick Off event! All are welcome to attend this free event being held on Monday, October 1, 2012, starting at 6:00 pm. at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn.
“Our community knows that bullying behavior can happen anywhere or anytime; in the classroom, at the park, in the mall, or on-line. This is the reason our Board of Education took on this project and why we have had such great support from our Mayor, City Council, community groups and organizations,” commented Dearborn Superintendent Mr. Brian Whiston.
Last year’s kick-off was a huge success with more than 700 community members in attendance. This year’s celebration should prove to be even more entertaining as students from around the district will have their talents on display. Student-made videos, songs, dance numbers, and other talents, all revolving around the theme of bullying, its effect on the victim, and how to be an Up-Stander, will be included in this sixty minute variety show kick-off event. Inspirational words from Dearborn Mayor Jack O’Reilly and Dearborn Schools Superintendent Brian Whiston will highlight the program.
New district policy on bullying behavior includes language that requires all Dearborn staff having any contact with students to participate in annual anti-bullying professional development on how to prevent, identify, respond to and report bullying behavior. In addition, each school will hold annual anti-bullying training for parents, track incidents of bullying, and hold three anti-bullying events each year.
You can download several different calendars from the Dearborn Public Schools website. Please click here to view calendars http://dearbornschools.org/district/about-us/district-calendar
Welcome to iBlog. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
This website has the following Plugins Activated:
- Polls – Create simple polls and allow visitors to vote on poll questions you create.
- Email Subscriptions – Parents and students can get email alerts everytime you make a new post to the blog.
- Post Voting – Notice the little thumbs up and down buttons below all the content. This allows users to let you know if they like or dislike an announcement.
- Feedback – The Feedback (Usernoise) plugin allows visitors to quickly contact you via a popup email form. Simple and easy to use. See it over on the left???
- Calendar – The calendar function has been activated, but hidden by default. All you have to do is publish the “Calendar” Page which is currently set to Draft and hidden.
- Wiki Pages – If you ever have the need to setup quick and easy Wiki pages, this plugin is waiting for you. Maybe you want to setup a volunteer page where parents can add their names? Maybe you want to allow students to signup for activities? A wiki page is a great way to make this happen.
- QR Codes – Notice the funny looking box in the lower right? That is a QR code which can be used in print material so that mobile phones can scan this image and automatically be taken to your website page. Works great with iPhone and Androids equipped with a QR Code Reader. These are the same codes you see appearing in Magazines and newspaper ads.
- Translation – Allows translation to any of the languages Google Translation Supports.
- Custom Header Image – If you don’t like the current image (tree) you can upload you own photo from the dashboard. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Header. You will see other default images as well as a button to upload your own photos. If the photo is too large you can crop it using built-in tools.
You can delete these plugins at anytime or change the way your website looks.
Enjoy your new Classroom Website created using iBlog!
Dearborn Public Schools