Please find below the updated breakfast/lunch menu for September.
Dearborn Public Schools will be participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the School Year 2019-2020. All students enrolled at our school can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch and NO CHARGE.
We will still need your household to FILL OUT AND SIGN THE HOUSEHOLD INFORMATION FORM. This is CRITICAL in determining the amount of money our our school receives from State and Federal supplemental programs. All information submitted on the forms is confidential. Forms will be coming home this week.
Thank you in advance for your participation in the matter.
Have a great day!
|We are off to a great start! |
Reminder: No school Friday and Monday.
See you all Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Let me start by thanking all of the parent volunteers that have been taking time out to help out across the school. All of our success could not be possible without your help.
The new lunch menu was a hit with the students. I heard many positive comments from students, staff and parents. I am posting some photos so that you may be able to see some of the great changes we have implemented. Can’t wait till tomorrow. Please feel free to share any comments or feedback.
Please remember that the entire menu is now online with additional information such as its nutritional value.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Monday. Here are a few reminders:
- Monday, August 26th is a half day for all students. The first bell rings at 8:35 and the tardy bell rings at 8:40. Students are to line up according to their class number (these numbers and class lists are posted on the school doors). K-2 line up at the South entrance and 3-5 line up at the East entrance. Students end the day at 11:45. Teachers will be picking up and dropping off students at these locations. To help ensure an optimal learning environment, we kindly request that you remain outside the building and allow the teacher to transition your child inside and outside. A kind reminder that all doors will be locked at 8:40, please use the main door after that.
- Kindergarten and Young 5 parents on Monday you will have the opportunity to walk your child in and enter the classroom to check it out and then from there you will directed to our introductory meeting starting at 9:00 am in the auditorium. Your child will have a half day for the entire first week. Although they are half day, students will still have lunch Tuesday-Thursday that week (it will be earlier than usual). If you pack lunches for your child, please ensure he/she has one on those days. This helps build confidence with routines and procedures and ensure success.
- Class lists have been placed on school door. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding with the classes that were developed. A great amount of time and dialogue is spent making sure we are creating classroom populations that ensure success for every student both academically and socially.
- Please subscribe to your teachers blog and the school blog if you haven’t already done so. More specific and up-to-date information will be posted regularly.
- Safety: Pick-up and Drop-off-It is essential that all families respect the safety of everyone at Lindbergh. We ask that you please adhere to the following expectations to ensure safety for all: always watch for others and be courteous and respectful, students and parents should always use the crosswalks, follow our recommended one way driving pattern around the building: west on Myrtle, north on N. Waverly and east on Lodge Lane, have your child exit curbside, avoid the staff parking lot for pick-up and drop-off.
Hope everyone had a great summer. We have been working hard all summer to get the school ready for another great school year.
Over the last several weeks, we have seen an increase in our population in specific grades. I have been in constant communication with district office on a daily basis so that if needed we are able to make swift decisions. Please remember that although our registrations are high on paper often times over the summer families move and don’t inform us. Considering these factors at the building level, we have worked very hard to ensure our classes are balanced across various factors to help shape a conducive environment for learning and growing both academically and socially. The last two years we have been able to provide support across all grade levels and am glad to say we have the right systems built to ensure it continues even though the district is going through budgetary cuts because of the House budget.
With that being said, I want to assure everyone that our vision of “Students First” stands true and we are committed to making decisions based on that. We will continue to monitor our numbers and after our first day, we will have a more accurate count to make the best possible decision. We have developed alternative plans to support various scenarios. Finally, our support staff will also be readily available to support in all grade levels specifically those with higher student count until final decisions are made.
I look forward to a very successful year full of student excitement and engagement. We have many things to celebrate and be proud of. Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
See you Monday, enjoy your weekend!
Exciting news! Dearborn Public Schools has hired Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE) to help oversee the food service program. To find out more information, please follow the link below. Hope to see you all soon.
Dear Lindbergh Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We hope you and your family have enjoyed a wonderful summer and are as excited as we are to begin a new school year.
This year we are so happy to be continuing our journey as A Leader in Me school and celebrate our Lighthouse certification. This certification is a result of our commitment and ability to implement The Leader in Me with fidelity. For more information, please be sure to check out the Leader in Me page on our school website. http://lindbergh.dearbornschools.org/
We are also excited to welcome some new faces to Lindbergh this year. Ms. Kelly Muston will be teaching Kindergarten. Ms. Ahlam Beydoun will be teaching 1st grade. Ms. Kristin Caballero will be our new resource teacher. Ms. Ariel Baranowski will be our new psychologist. Ms. Jennifer Murray will be our new early childhood specialist. Each of these individuals have experience in our district and look forward to working with your children in the fall.
The first day of school, Monday, August 26, is a half day of school. The first bell to enter the building will sound at 8:35 AM with the tardy bell sounding at 8:40 AM. Dismissal for all half days is 11:45 AM. Tuesday, August 27th will be a full day of school for students in grades 1-5. Regular dismissal time is 3:35 PM. Please make a note of the school office phone: 313-827-6300. It is important to call the school every time your child is going to be absent, tardy, or needs an early dismissal from class so that unnecessary calls to you may be avoided. If your student arrives after 8:40 a.m. (9:40 a.m. on late start days) you must come into the office to sign in your student. Students may enter the building after 8:15 for breakfast only, there is no supervision prior to that. Please remember not to use the staff parking lot as a drop off at anytime.
We will be having a soft start for Young 5’s and Kindergarten this year. Students will attend school Monday, August 26th-Thursday August 29th from 8:35-11:45 AM. During this week, parents will be asked to sign up for a time to bring their student to school for another small assessment of their present readiness skills. This is an exciting time for our new young friends and staff.
For parents of students new to Lindbergh this year K-5, there will be a short meeting on Monday, August 26th in the auditorium at 9:00AM to introduce our PTA officers and to discuss some important information. We are looking forward to welcoming you.
There will be three lunch periods again this year with some changes. 1st grade, 4th grade and the K/1 split (Mrs. Miller’s class) will be from 11:00-11:38, Young 5’s, Kindergarten and 5th will be from 11:40-12:18, and 2nd and 3rd grade from 12:20-12:58. This year, breakfast will be served from 8:15-8:30 AM. If interested, we encourage you to send a check made out to Dearborn Public Schools to prepay for snacks. That way you will be ahead of the game!
Class lists will be posted on the doors on the afternoon of Friday, August 23th by 3:00 PM. Our PTA will be hosting a meet and greet from 3-4 pm that day. It is a great opportunity to meet other children and families in the neighborhood, a snack will be provided. If your child’s name is not on any list, please report to the office on the first day of school.
In the morning students will line up at their assigned number. The teachers will be coming outside to pick up and drop off the students from there every day starting from the first day of school. We kindly ask that parents remain outside the building as students will be escorted inside by their teacher in order to allow for a smooth transition as the school year begins. Please see the following list to see where your student(s) should line up:
South Playground (near Kdgn) _ East Playground (near Café)
1 –*Empty* 1 – *Empty*
2 – Polidori -2 2 – Hickson-5
3 – Beydoun – 1 3 – Stetz – 5
4 – Schropp – Kdgn 4 – *Empty*
5 – Miller – Kdgn/1 5 – Currie – 3
6 – Ruselink – Y5 6 – Robey – 3
7 – Muston – Kdgn 7 – Knaus – 4
8 – Noe – 1 8 – Miles-4
9 – Robins – 2 9 – *Empty*
On Late Start days, school will begin 1 hour later with the entry bell ringing at 9:35am and the tardy bell at 9:40 am. Students may come at 9:15am for breakfast in the cafeteria and will remain there until the entry bell rings.
Late start dates are as follows:
Wednesday, September 25
Wednesday, October 16
Wednesday, December 18
Wednesday, February 5
Wednesday, March 18
Wednesday, April 22
Wednesday, May 13
Please make note of these dates for the rest of 2019.
August 30th-September 2-No School
September 12– Open House 6:00pm-7:30pm
September 20-Half Day 11:45 AM Dismissal
October 11 – Half day 11:45 AM Dismissal
November 1 – Half day 11:45 AM Dismissal
Enjoy the rest of your summer. We are looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
Ms. Zainah Tiba
Principal of Charles A. Lindbergh Elementary