Charles A. Lindbergh

Updated Kindergarten Enrollment Procedures for 2023-2024

Updated Kindergarten Enrollment

Procedures for 2023 & 2024

Good Morning Parents,

If your child will be an incoming Kindergarten/Y5 student, please complete the registration process below. 

Kindergarten:  Your child should be five-years-old on or before September 1 2023. (please see Preschool & Elementary School Information page for more information and required forms).

Children born between September 2nd and December 1st can either:

  1. Register for the Young Five program with a Waiver Request
  2. Register for Kindergarten with a Waiver Request
  • Kindergarten Waiver Request: if applying for Young Five/Kindergarten, the child must be at least 5 years of age by September 1, 2023. The waiver is applicable for students with birth dates from September 2 through December 1 of the school year of enrollment. Please visit our Preschool and Elementary School Information page, cited above, for more information.
  • The State of Michigan mandates that all children must be 5 years of age or older no later than December 1st in order to be eligible for enrollment.

Registration Process: 

Step One: Pre-Enrollment

Complete the online pre-enrollment by visiting: This “pre-enrollment” step provides the necessary documents to complete the enrollment. 

Step Two: Scan and upload your documents

After completing the student pre-enrollment information, upload your scanned documents that are requested.  If you don’t have access to a scanner, most smartphones have a scanning application or you can take a photo of the document. If you are not able to upload the documents you can email all the supporting documents to: Please make the subject of the email the student’s first and last name as it appears on the birth certificate, passport or refugee document.

All students will need the following forms and items to enroll:

  • Original certified birth certificate, passport or refugee document.  
  • Immunizations / Shot Records (required prior to the start of physical attendance in school) The required shots may be found by clicking the following link:
  • Health Physicals* (not needed at the time of enrollment but required at the start of the school year. The physicals are required for kindergarten, 6th and 9th graders ONLY). This form can be found on the Scroll down to get to Health Form.pdf
  • Parent/guardian’s driver’s license, State ID, passport or work permit for identification purposes only.
  • Items to Prove Residency are as follows:

If you own your home you will need the following:

  • Current property tax bill, Deed, Closing Statements of Certificate of Occupancy 
  • DTE bill (copy of front and back), Cable or Cellphone bill

(no DTE shut-off notice or water bill) 

If you rent your home we will need the following: 

  • Signed current rental/lease agreement 
  • A Landlord Affidavit must be filled out by you and your landlord (PDF).
  • DTE bill (copy of front and back), Cable or Cellphone bill

(no DTE shut-off notice or water bill) 

Note: If you do not own or rent your home, and live with someone you must fill out a Residency Affidavit At Student Services Office located at 18700 Audette St, Dearborn MI  48124 with the owner/renter of the home with which you reside, with proof of residency. Please contact them for an appointment at (313) 827-3005. 

You will need the following for Residency Affidavit: 

  • The person with whom you reside with needs to come in with you to fill out a residency form
  • Copy of their ID
  • Items to prove Residency as above

Step Three: Once we’ve received all your required documents, we will enroll your student.  We will call or email you a confirmation when the enrollment is complete.